Hey y’all–I have gotten SO behind in post-production for the portraits I already have that I’m taking a break from new models this week…but I promise to bring you even more beautiful pieces next week! To tide you over I’m going to post a photo a day from my amazing shoot with Mike and JP! Here are two for yesterday and today…stay tuned for more!
Category Archives: updates
– Two new posts coming in June about the absolute bonkers-ness of the whole wedding/”wedding”/shindig world. Eesh. One of them written by T(ea)!
– Film Photo Portfolio online! Just starting to get into semi-regular additions of 35mm shots only: http://ohhey35mm.tumblr.com/tagged/ORIGINAL! There will soon be another place for all my digital goodies. The main tumblr there (http://ohhey35mm.tumblr.com) is a broader collection of 35mm images I love, in case you need a reminder that film photos are AWESOME.
…if I’m in off the waitlist at VCU!
In the meantime, T(ea) and I are planning lots of exciting things. First up, a trip to Toledo over Memorial Day Weekend for the wedding of our dear friend Kitsie! The following weekend, a visit from T(ea)’s parents and a possible trip to NJ. The FOLLOWING weekend, it’s finally time for my big race: the Run With Grace 5K!! The weekend after that, T(ea) is off to Montreal for a Radiohead concert and me and some friends are hitting up Sleep No More for the last time before it closes at the end of June. PHEW! That’s a lot of stuff. Some of you might also know we’re planning something else on Sept 15th…more details on that very, very soon.
Also yesterday we went to the beach and it was AMAZING:
PHEW! As always, it’s been much too long since our last update and we feel just terrible about it. Lots lots lots has happened and here’s a quickie update for all y’all who are curious!
- Sea’s little sister was arrested in Richmond (along with 29 others) during a protest of a new regulation forcing women to have medically unnecessary ultrasounds before having an abortion.
- T(ea)’s mom got a brand spanking new hip and can already walk around the house without a cane! Talk about badass.
- Sea applied for a graduate program at VCU and is still waiting to hear if she was accepted (insert nailbiting here).
- Sea and her bestie-since-age-8, Meg, decided to run the Run with Grace 5K in honor of their friend Grace Lovegrove who passed away in 2005. They train 3 days a week and hate every minute of it (except the warmup walking).
- We signed up to bowl for abortion access at the NY Abortion Access Fund’s 3rd Annual Bowl-A-Thon! Please consider donating even a tiny bit ($10 aka 1.5 Starbucks lattes) to our team, Bowl Against the Machine.
- We went on a beautiful and extremely fun long-weekend expedition to Vermont with a fabulous crew of mischief-makers from all over the East Coast (photos below).
On the horizon:
- Lots of great concerts including Simone Felice and First Aid Kit (BOTH shows TONIGHT) and Radiohead in Montreal
- Other fun cultural NYC things like a chocolate-souffle-making class at Dessert Truck Works and our second visit to the epic Sleep No More
- An Easter trip to Roanoke for familytime and of course The Shadowbox’s Zombie Prom
- Further exploration into Sea’s newfound hobby, chocolate-making
- Possible bunny-adopting?
- …and lots more!
Love love love to all and sorry for the lack of updates. We promise to try harder!
Sea and T(ea)
For those of you who we missed it–or those of you who want a digital version to complement your hard copy–here’s our end of the year newsletter from this year! Click for big version. And please know: if you didn’t get a hard copy, it’s not that we don’t love you, it’s that we’re very forgetful. My own best friend, Effie Shaw, with whom I have matching tattoos and who took the Brooklyn Bridge photo in the newsletter for us, didn’t get one. We are that absentminded.
Love love love